A Notary Public is a qualified lawyer and public officer - member of the third and oldest branch of the legal profession in the United Kingdom. They are appointed by the Archbishop of Canterbury and are regulated by the Court of Faculties. To be entitled to practise, notaries must have an annual Practising Certificate from the Court of Faculties and are required to have professional indemnity insurance and a fidelity bond.
In England and Wales Notaries have a public duty of preparing and authenticating documents for use in foreign countries but they do not however advise on the contents or on the effect of a document. A Notary is empowered and expected to act for both parties to a transaction and his first duty is to the transaction as a whole and not just to one of the parties. A Notary identifies himself on documents by the use of his individual seal.
I can help individuals and businesses with all their documentary requirements for any country in the world including:
- Providing certificates certifying the genuineness of signatures and execution of private and business documents and of copy documents
- Certification of originals or copies of original documents such as academic certificates, professional qualifications and companies constitutions
- French translations
- Attesting execution of documents
- Taking International Declarations, Affidavits, Oaths & Acknowledgments
- Arranging notarised sworn and plain translations
- Authentication of the contents and/or execution of documents such as Powers of Attorney, bills of sales and mortgages for use overseas
- Preparing and completing notarial acts in public form
- Witnessing/attesting events and transactions
- Preparing certificates of English law for use abroad
- Opening of tenders, bond and debenture operations and share issue ballots
- Legalisation of documents by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Apostille) and by consulates and embassies in the UK
I specialise in all notarial documents, both in public form and private form, relating to French law. I speak French as my first language.